Get ready for Trail Mix Day by making your very own trail mix! The beauty of making trail mix is that you can go wild with measurements and combine a variety of ingredients that you love.
Below we've listed 21 delicious trail mix recipes for you and your family to enjoy. Why not involve the children in your mixing fun? Have them help you measure or count out the ingredients for a yummy math activity.
1. Simple and Sophisticated: Almonds, dried cherries, dark chocolate chips, sea salt, cinnamon.
2. Old-School: Peanuts, raisins, M&Ms.
3. Tropical Mix: Cashews, Brazil nuts, dried mango, coconut flakes, banana chips.
4. Fall Flavors: Pecans, dried apples, maple granola, pumpkin seeds, nutmeg, cinnamon.
5. Savory Seeds: Almonds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper.
6. Power Mix: Goji berries, pistachios, dried blueberries, flax seeds, dark chocolate chips.
7. Rich and Creamy: Coconut flakes, white chocolate chips, hazelnuts, chocolate-covered coffee beans, cacao nibs.
8. Tropical: Macadamia nuts, white chocolate chips, dried pineapple, coconut flakes.
9. Nuts for Nuts: Almonds, walnuts, peanuts, cashews, pecans, raisins.
10. Exotic: Peanuts, raisins, puffed rice, pretzels, curry powder, chili powder.
11. Spicy and Savory: Almonds, wasabi peas, sesame seeds, dried ginger, Chex cereal.
12. Raw Energy: Walnuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, cinnamon, nutmeg, sea salt, dried apricots, dried cranberries.
13. Peanut Butter Friend: Banana chips, peanut butter chips, peanuts, almonds, dark chocolate chips.
14. Coffee Shop: Hazelnuts, almonds, raisins, chocolate-covered coffee beans, white chocolate chips.
15. Chocolate Lover: Hazelnuts, dried cranberries, chocolate-covered almonds, M&Ms, cacao nibs.
16. Monkey Munch: Banana chips, peanuts, sea salt, almonds, dark chocolate chips, raisins, coconut flakes.
17. Movie Night: Popcorn, peanuts, M&Ms, dried cranberries. Pro tip: Use hot popcorn to melt the chocolate.
18. Cereal Lover: Bran flakes, shredded wheat cereal, puffed rice, granola, cashews, dried cherries, dried cranberries, dried blueberries.
19. Deconstructed Puppy Chow: Almonds, whole-grain Chex or wheat cereal, dark chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, cacao nibs, dried cranberries.
20. PB&J: Peanuts, dried strawberries, peanut butter chips, shredded wheat cereal.
21. Cajun Blend: Almonds, pecans, walnuts, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, sea salt, garlic powder, chili powder, ground cumin, cayenne pepper.
For more trail mix recipes, visit Greatist.