Today is Police Officer Memorial Day. This is an annual holiday held in honor of federal, state, and local officers killed or disabled in the line of duty.
This holiday was created October 1, 1961 when President John F. Kennedy signed a bill by Congress to designate today for honoring police officers. In 1994, President Bill Clinton made an amendment that directed the US flag to be flown at half-staff.
In observance of today there are a few things you can do. Many business and individuals across the nation will lower their flags in remembrance of law enforcement officers killed in the line of duty. If you don’t have a flag, there are often times local memorial services you can attend.
We invite prospective parents to drop on by any of our preschool locations nationwide and see why Childcare Network is more than just a day care.
Childcare Network currently operates schools near you in the states of
- Alabama (Alabaster, Anniston, Gadsden, Huntsville, Opelika, Phenix City)
- Arkansas (Benton, Bryant, Conway, Little Rock, Maumelle)
- Florida (Crestview, Defuniak Springs, Destin, Ft. Walton Beach, Gulf Breeze, Lynn Haven, Navarre, Panama City, Pensacola, Tallahassee, Valparaiso)
- Georgia (Albany, Athens, Augusta, Carrollton, Chatsworth, College Park, Columbus, Conyers, Dacula, Dallas, Decatur, Duluth, East Point, Evans, Forest Park, Griffin, Grovetown, Hampton, Hiram, LaGrange, Lawrenceville, Locust Grove, Macon, Marietta, Martinez, McDonough, Milledgeville, Norcross, Pooler, Ringgold, Savannah, Smyrna, Snellville, Statesboro, Stockbridge, Union City, Valdosta, Villa Rica, Warner Robins, West Point)
- Kentucky (Georgetown, Lexington, Nicholasville)
- North Carolina (Archdale, Arden, Asheville, Belmont, Burlington, Charlotte, Clayton, Cornelius, Durham, Elizabethtown, Elon, Fairview, Fayetteville, Fuquay - Varina, Garner, Gastonia, Greensboro, Havelock, High Point, Jacksonville, Jamestown, Kernersville, Leland, Lewisville, Matthews, Monroe, Morehead City, New Bern, Raleigh, Sanford, Sneads Ferry, Southport, Swansboro, Wilmington, Winston Salem)
- Oklahoma (Edmond, Oklahoma City)
- Tennessee (Chattanooga, East Ridge, Hixson, Ooltewah)
- Texas (Arlington, Burleson, Carrollton, Cedar Hill, Denton, Duncanville, Fort Worth, Grand Prairie, Haltom City, Irving, McKinney, Sunnyvale, Watauga)
- Virginia (Bristol, Richmond, Roanoke, Virginia Beach, Williamsburg)