Finally, beach season has arrived. We’ve been dreaming of that sun kissed tan all year long and nothing says summer like taking a trip to the sea-side with the family. Unfortunately, these trips usually result in a car, home, and body covered in sand that seems to linger until winter. Use these 5 easy tricks to make your trip to the beach a breeze.
1) Baby Powder- Use baby powder to get the sand off your legs and feet. When you’re leaving the beach place a small amount of baby powder in the palm of your hand and rub into onto your skin. The baby powder will quickly absorb moisture and the sand will fall away.
2) A Gallon of Water- Keep an extra gallon of water in the car. Before you throw your chairs and coolers back into the car, quickly rinse the sand off.
3) Keep the Sand out- Bring an extra zip lock bag to put your phone and keys in to prevent any sand from getting in.
4) Use a Mesh Bag- Forget spending extra money on a sand proof bag use this instead, sand falls out, and you can douse it. It works perfect for sand toys, beach balls, or Frisbees.
5) Bring a Brush- Most footwear has nooks and crannies that trap sand. When you return from the beach, use a soft-bristle brush to sweep sand from your shoes and feet.