Yes, it's another one of our favorites; a One-Pan dinner recipe! In most cases, the only way to get kids to eat broccoli is by putting cheese on it, of course. This Cheesy Chicken, Broccoli & Rice recipe is perfect for a homemade dinner! It's so easy - it's cheesy! ;)
3 tablespoons olive oil
½ medium yellow onion, diced finely
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into small pieces
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 teaspoon of salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1 cup uncooked extra long grain white rice
2½ cups broccoli "trees," cut into bite sized pieces
2½ cups of chicken broth
2 cups shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet or pan, sauté onions in two tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Once onions soften, increase the heat to medium high and add chicken to the pan.
- Brown the chicken pieces and add the garlic. Cook for about 1 more minute.
- Push chicken to one side of the pan and add additional tablespoon of olive oil to other side.
- Add the uncooked rice in the olive oil and saute it for a couple of minutes.
- Add the chicken broth to the pan and bring the mixture to a boil. Lower the heat to a simmer and cover the pan with a lid.
- Cook chicken and rice mixture covered for about 12 minutes.
- Sprinkle the broccoli evenly over the chicken and rice mixture and stir to combine.
- Continue to cook covered another 8 minutes on low, or until broccoli and rice are both tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in half a cup of cheese.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top and cover with a lid, letting it sit for 1-2 minutes or until cheese has melted.
This recipe was sourced from www.the-girl-who-ate-everything.com