August 14th is National Creamsicle Day, so what better way to celebrate than by making your own creamsicles for you and your family to enjoy! Why not let your children help you measure and mix the ingredients for a math and science-filled learning experience? Below you will find an easy and delicious creamsicle recipe that your family is sure to love.
This recipe will make about 3 pops.
- 1/2 cup Orange Juice
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Popsicle Molds or Zoku Quick Pop Maker
Directions: If you are using a Zoku Quick Pop Maker:
- Mix together cream, sugar and vanilla.
- Pour Orange juice in maker up to fill line.
- Place stick in position.
- Wait 3 1/2 minutes.
- Use suction tool to remove unfrozen juice from center of maker or carefully pour off unfrozen juice.
- Fill this now empty space with cream mixture.
- Wait 5 minutes or until cream in set (frozen).
- Use tool to remove pop and place in freezer.
Directions: If you are not using a Zoku:
- Mix together cream, sugar, vanilla and orange juice.
- Pour mixture in Popsicle molds or small paper cups.
- Place in freezer for 10-15 minutes or until mixture begins to firm.
- Insert sticks and return to freezer for several hours.
- Use hot water to release from molds.
Source: Moms Need To Know