Here is a great craft idea to try to help develop texture recognition in children! The foam paint is a fun, new twist on painting that the kids will love - And it's so easy to make at home!
What You Need:
- Shaving Cream
- White School Glue
- Food Coloring
- Small Bowls
- popsicle sticks or plastic straws for mixing (easy clean up!)
- Construction Paper or other paper of choice
What To Do:
1. In each of the bowls, combine equal amounts of shaving cream and white glue.
2. Add about 10 drops of food coloring into each bowl (one blue bowl, one pink bowl, one yellow bowl, one green bowl). Add red and blue together = purple and red and yellow = orange. *Note* Don't worry if the color looks too light because the paint will look darker when it dries completely.
3. Mix with popsicle stick or plastic straws until you have a nice fluffy texture and the color is even.
4. Try drawing a rainbow or flower on a piece of paper for your child to trace or "paint" by number! Get creative!
5. Allow to dry completely and the kids will have a blast poking the fun, puffy paint texture!
This craft was found on www.onelittleproject.com