Why buy granola bars when you can create a wonderful experience with your children by making your own? These delicious DIY bars are so yummy that they could be enjoyed as a mid-day snack or satisfying that evening dessert craving! The recipe makes about 9 bars per batch, perfect for the entire family to enjoy!
- 1/2 Cup butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 Cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 Cup rolled oats (not quick cooking)
- 1 Cup flour
- 3/4 Cup raspberry preserves
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray an 8x8 or 9x9 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Using a fork & knife or a pastry cutter, combine the softened butter, brown sugar, baking soda, oats and flour.
- Measure out 2 cups of the crumble mixture and gently press into the bottom of the baking dish.
- Carefully spread the raspberry preserves over the crust about 1/4" from the crust edge.
- Sprinkle the remaining crumble topping over the top of the preserves.
- Bake 30-35 minutes.
- Allow to cool before cutting into bars.
Source and Photo Credit: MidwesternMoms