Kids love painting. Not only is it a form of artistic expression, but it also helps develop motor skills. However, most paint contains harsh chemicals. So, why not make your own all-natural paint? Using these instructions I found on Little Things, you and your kid(s) will be ready for that next masterpiece!
Photo Source stirthewonder.com
- 1 cup baking soda
- 3/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 cup corn starch
- 2 Tbsps. corn syrup
- Food coloring in colors of your choice
- Ice cube tray
- Popsicle sticks for stirring
- Pour your baking soda into a bowl and slowly add the vinegar while stirring.
- Add the corn starch and corn syrup and continue stirring until the mixture is smooth and uniform.
- Spoon the mixture into an ice cube tray, evenly filling the compartments.
- Stir your choice of food coloring into each ice cube compartment. Get creative and experiment with mixing the colors to create unique shades! The more coloring you add, the stronger your watercolors will be. Stir thoroughly.
- Let everything set overnight.
- Now you’re ready to paint!