We’ve all heard about extreme couponers that get three months worth of groceries for less than $5.00. While that’s not always possible for everyone, there are a few tips you can use to save money at the grocery store. Below are five tips to help you save money on your next grocery run!
- Ask for Advice: There are so many different stores you can shop at but it would be a task to compare prices at each store. Ask your friends and family where they shop and compare bargains!
- Don’t Shop Hungry: Going to the grocery store on an empty stomach is a recipe for disaster! Shopping hungry can lead to impulse buying and more unhealthy food choices.
- Read the Sales Flyer: Instead of rushing past this stand at the local grocer, pick up the sales flyer and check for any deals! You can usually even find this flyer online if you want to plan your meals for the week around the sale items.
- Look Around for Savings: Stores often stock the priciest items at eye-level. Scan the upper and lower shelves to find cheaper options!
- Ask for a Rain Check: If you were looking to pick up a specific sale item that is out of stock, don’t worry! You can ask the store for a rain check that will allow you to still pay the sale price when the item is restocked.
The rising costs of food can put a strain on monthly budgets. Utilizing these simple tips can help you save money on groceries and put it back into your budget!