Don't you just love Halloween? Here is a great craft we found to help get into the spooky spirit - Halloween Bats! All you need are the simple items below and read more for step-by-step instructions to make these bats for inside and outside your home! This is a fun Halloween craft for kids too!
What You Need:
- Coffee filters (1 filter per bat)
- Purple and black water colors
- Black paint
- 2 googley eyes
- Silver or gold glitter (optional)
What To Do:
1) Flatten the coffee filter on a surface and cut in half.
2) Using the watercolor paint, paint one half purple and one half black. Let them dry for 25 minutes.
3) While they are drying, paint the clothespin black and sprinkle with glitter (optional). Glue 2 googley eyes to the top of the clothespin. Let dry.
4) When the coffee filters have dried, use the scissors to round out the edges (see photo).
5) Place the purple filter on top of the black filter and scrunch them in the middle to make the wings curve slightly. Pin together with the clothespin.
6) Use the glue to attach one end of the strings behind the clothespin.
7) Once dry, hang around your house or outside on the front porch for Trick-or-Treaters!
This craft was found on http://blog.jumpstart.com/
Don't forget to subscribe to our blog for more Halloween Arts and Crafts projects!