To keep up with the New Year's theme, we are sharing a delicious and healthy Slow Cooker pork taco recipe from SkinnyMom.com. Did you know that in many countries, eating pork on New Year's Day will bring you good luck in the year ahead? The belief is that a pig is a symbol of progress and wealth - the more you eat, the luckier you will be! So here's to wishing you good luck and good health in the New Year!
Cook time: 5-8.5 hours depending on temperature
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 lb pork tenderloin
- 15 oz jar tomato salsa
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp jalapeño pepper, diced
- 1 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 8 — 6" La Tortilla Factory Smart & Delicious™ Low-Carb, High Fiber Tortillas
- avocado, sliced or chopped
- fresh cilantro
- white onion, chopped
- reduced-fat shredded Mexican cheese blend
- reduced-fat sour cream
- shredded lettuce
- hot sauce
What To Do:
- Place pork in slow cooker.
- Mix together remaining ingredients in a bowl and pour over pork tenderloin.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 5 hours.
- Using two forks, shred pork tenderloin in slow cooker. Give the mixture a stir and cook for an additional 30 minutes.
- Serve on a tortilla with your choice of toppings.