Some of us know we can’t sing, some of us know we can sing, and some of us only think we can sing! Depending on which category you fall into, karaoke might strike an awkward nervousness into your heart or fill you with eager anticipation. If you enjoy being the center of attention, this is a great week for you! If you don’t, consider storing enough food and water to hide in your closet for several days, because it’s officially Karaoke Week!
Alexis Madrigal, a writer for The Atlantic, makes the point that you’d think karaoke would have existed long before 1969, the year it was invented. Like many inventions, karaoke just sort of happened. Madrigal writes that karaoke was the invention of a Japanese keyboardist named Daisuke Inoue. According to Inoue, himself, the idea of karaoke came to him after a businessman asked him to record songs he could sing to at an upcoming meeting. The very satisfied businessman later returned and asked for more recordings, and in a moment of inspiration, Inoue dreamed up the karaoke machine!
The way to celebrate Karaoke Week is fairly obvious, but you needn’t go to a bar to participate. You don’t even have to do the singing- your kid can do that! Good ole’ Youtube has an abundance of karaoke songs for you or your little superstar to choose from. A great thing about karaoke is the words on the screen—your child won’t know they’re practicing reading!
We invite prospective parents to drop on by any of our preschool locations nationwide and see why Childcare Network is more than just a day care.
Childcare Network currently operates schools near you in the states of
- Alabama (Alabaster, Anniston, Gadsden, Huntsville, Opelika, Phenix City)
- Arkansas (Benton, Bryant, Conway, Little Rock, Maumelle)
- Florida (Crestview, Defuniak Springs, Destin, Ft. Walton Beach, Gulf Breeze, Lynn Haven, Navarre, Panama City, Pensacola, Tallahassee, Valparaiso)
- Georgia (Albany, Athens, Augusta, Carrollton, Chatsworth, College Park, Columbus, Conyers, Dacula, Dallas, Decatur, Duluth, East Point, Evans, Forest Park, Griffin, Grovetown, Hampton, Hiram, LaGrange, Lawrenceville, Locust Grove, Macon, Marietta, Martinez, McDonough, Milledgeville, Norcross, Pooler, Ringgold, Savannah, Smyrna, Snellville, Statesboro, Stockbridge, Union City, Valdosta, Villa Rica, Warner Robins, West Point)
- Kentucky (Georgetown, Lexington, Nicholasville)
- North Carolina (Archdale, Arden, Asheville, Belmont, Burlington, Charlotte, Clayton, Cornelius, Durham, Elizabethtown, Elon, Fairview, Fayetteville, Fuquay - Varina, Garner, Gastonia, Greensboro, Havelock, High Point, Jacksonville, Jamestown, Kernersville, Leland, Lewisville, Matthews, Monroe, Morehead City, New Bern, Raleigh, Sanford, Sneads Ferry, Southport, Swansboro, Wilmington, Winston Salem)
- Oklahoma (Edmond, Oklahoma City)
- Tennessee (Chattanooga, East Ridge, Hixson, Ooltewah)
- Texas (Arlington, Burleson, Carrollton, Cedar Hill, Denton, Duncanville, Fort Worth, Grand Prairie, Haltom City, Irving, McKinney, Sunnyvale, Watauga)
- Virginia (Bristol, Richmond, Roanoke, Virginia Beach, Williamsburg)