Here are the top three resolutions each year made by moms, ironically here are also the top three resolutions broken each year by moms.
I will keep my house cleaner.
I will make healthier meals.
I will make more time for me.
How many of you had a version of one of these in mind for 2013? Well, we are here to help you! While these are all great things to strive for, with your busy schedule and the reality of life, they could be unrealistic. So instead, try keeping the bigger picture of the above goals in your mind while only committing to a more manageable task each month .
Goal: I will keep my house cleaner
On top of day to day tidiness, there’s keeping things sanitary and clean. There so many rooms to keep track of, plus all the items in the rooms. The kitchen alone has a fridge, sink, dishwasher, cabinets and trash that all need tending to, never mind their contents (and that’s only ONE ROOM!). Give yourself a break girl, keep doing what you are doing and choose a task or two below monthly. You’ll feel better about your multi-tasking in no time.
- Organize one area of a room. (example: kitchen spices ,children’s art
supplies, bathroom pantry). This can even be your task every month.
- Introduce your children to chores. Use a chore chart. (If your children are
already doing chores, mix it up by adding new ones.)
- Wake up an hour early one morning and get a head start on cleaning.
- Hire a maid service for a one time deep cleaning.
- What cleaning needs to be done daily? Dishes? Countertops? Laundry?
Make a list and make it visible.
- Declutter a room. This will make you feel more organized.
Goal: I will make healthier meals
In all honesty, this only takes a few tweaks of a few ingredients and you’re already well on your way to a healthier diet. Don’t rearrange your whole family meal plan, just swap a few ingredients and ta-da!
Goal: I will take more time for me.
“...but then who would do the cleaning and the cooking and the… “
Do yourself a huge favor and pull from the list below.
- Let your family know your “off time”. At 8:00, everyone should be in bed, so
that Mommy can be off and relax.
- Have everyone in the family choose a book to read for 30 minutes each night.
During this time, you can pick up your favorite book too!
- When someone offers to help, say yes. This includes your significant other.
- Go for a walk, by yourself, for no reason.
- Take a class (sewing, painting, cake decorating, guitar, crocheting, golf,
tennis, photography, etc.)
- Wake up 30 minutes before the rest of the family and enjoy coffee or tea.
- Go on Pinterest, pick out a doable craft and make it.
- Paint/Draw your children a picture. (You’ll be amazed at what this will do)
- Introduce me time into everyone’s schedule. (It can be 30 minutes before bed
and pre-planned for the little ones to where they choose what they want to do
for that 30 minutes)
- Record one favorite show and enjoy it.
- Get as much done as early in the day as possible so that there is more down
time when everyone is sleeping.
What will your resolution be this year?