Each month, three books are selected for our Childcare Network classrooms with the goal of promoting literacy and character development in conjunction with our HighReach Learning Curriculum. These books are carefully selected by our education specialists to use a variety of experiences to connect emerging language and literacy with social-emotional development.
During the month of September, our Infant classrooms are reading All the World by Liz Garton Scanlon. This book follows a circle of family and friends through the course of a day from morning until night. It affirms the importance of all things great and small in our world, from the tiniest shell on the beach, to the warmth of family connections, to the widest sunset sky. This book is a great way to introduce and talk about routines with children!
The Preschool classrooms are reading Journey by Aaron Becker. These wordless picture books invoke a sense of wonder. This story follows a young girl who seeks the attention of her busy family and instead discovers a fantastic world on the other side of her bedroom wall. Journey is an ode to the imagination, proving that a little creativity can bring to life new worlds and experiences.
The School Age classrooms will be reading The Invisible Boy by Patrice Barton. This book is about Brian, the invisible boy. Nobody ever seems to notice him or think to include him…until, that is, a new kid comes to class. This book shows how small acts of kindness can help children feel included and allow them to flourish.
Stay tuned for some more reading fun! Along with each book, several book-related activities are provided to reinforce the social-emotional skill. Follow-up questions are also included as well to assist with reading comprehension.
We invite prospective parents to drop on by any of our preschool locations nationwide and see why Childcare Network is more than just a day care.
Childcare Network currently operates schools near you in the states of
- Alabama (Alabaster, Anniston, Gadsden, Huntsville, Opelika, Phenix City)
- Arkansas (Benton, Bryant, Conway, Little Rock, Maumelle)
- Florida (Crestview, Defuniak Springs, Destin, Ft. Walton Beach, Gulf Breeze, Lynn Haven, Navarre, Panama City, Pensacola, Tallahassee, Valparaiso)
- Georgia (Albany, Athens, Augusta, Carrollton, Chatsworth, College Park, Columbus, Conyers, Dacula, Dallas, Decatur, Duluth, East Point, Evans, Forest Park, Griffin, Grovetown, Hampton, Hiram, LaGrange, Lawrenceville, Locust Grove, Macon, Marietta, Martinez, McDonough, Milledgeville, Norcross, Pooler, Ringgold, Savannah, Smyrna, Snellville, Statesboro, Stockbridge, Union City, Valdosta, Villa Rica, Warner Robins, West Point)
- Kentucky (Georgetown, Lexington, Nicholasville)
- North Carolina (Archdale, Arden, Asheville, Belmont, Burlington, Charlotte, Clayton, Cornelius, Durham, Elizabethtown, Elon, Fairview, Fayetteville, Fuquay - Varina, Garner, Gastonia, Greensboro, Havelock, High Point, Jacksonville, Jamestown, Kernersville, Leland, Lewisville, Matthews, Monroe, Morehead City, New Bern, Raleigh, Sanford, Sneads Ferry, Southport, Swansboro, Wilmington, Winston Salem)
- Oklahoma (Edmond, Oklahoma City)
- Tennessee (Chattanooga, East Ridge, Hixson, Ooltewah)
- Texas (Arlington, Burleson, Carrollton, Cedar Hill, Denton, Duncanville, Fort Worth, Grand Prairie, Haltom City, Irving, McKinney, Sunnyvale, Watauga)
- Virginia (Bristol, Richmond, Roanoke, Virginia Beach, Williamsburg)