Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
For the Crust:
- 1.5 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter; melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
For the Brownie Layer:
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- For the Topping:
- 20 large marshmallows; cut in half
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8-inch-square metal baking pan with foil and spray lightly with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine the graham cracker crumbs, 6 tablespoons of melted butter in a bowl and mix until the crumbs are moistened. Press the crumbs evenly into the bottom of the pan and bake at 350 degrees for 7 minutes. Allow crust to cool on wire rack.
- Turn the oven temperature up to 400 degrees and prepare the brownie layer.
- In top of a double boiler set over barely simmering water, or on low power in a microwave, melt butter and chocolate together. Stir often, and remove from heat when a few lumps remain. Stir until smooth.
- Stir in sugar, vanilla and salt. Stir in eggs one at a time, followed by flour. Stir until very smooth, about 1 minute, until mixture pulls away from sides of bowl. Scrape batter into prepared pan and bake for 18 minutes.
- Let cool completely, then lift out using the foil and place brownies onto a broiler safe pan. Move your oven rack about 6 inches from your broiler and preheat your broiler to low.
- Layer marshmallows (sticky side down) across the top and toast under the broiler until golden, (watch this like you have never watched anything before - it can burn QUICK), about 2 minutes. Cool and cut into 16 (two inch) squares.
Recipe from: My Baking Addiction