Stir-Fry Fajita Chicken, Squash, and Corn is a dish that combines the sweet flavor of the butternut squash with onions, corn, red peppers, and diced chilies that is brought together with a blend of spices and diced tomatoes. The natural flavors in this fish make a savory meal that can only be matched by the aroma it produces.
- 4 Cups of Cooked Fajita Chicken Strips
- 3 1/2 Cups of Fresh Butternut Squash (peeled, seeded, and diced)
- 1 3/4 Cups of long-grain Brown Rice
- 1 Cup of Fresh Onions (peeled and diced)
- 1 Cup of Frozen Corn. thawed
- 1/2 Cup of Fresh Red Bell Peppers (seeded and diced)
- 1/2 Cup Canned Low-Sodium Diced Tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp of Canola Oil
- 1 Tbsp of Fresh Cilantro
- 1 1/2 Tsp of Salt-Free Chili-Lime Seasoning Blend
- 1/2 Tsp of Ground Black Pepper
- 3/4 Tsp of Ground Cumin
- 1/4 Tsp of Garlic Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Granulated Garlic
- Combine brown rice and 4 1/2 cups of water in a large pot and bring to a rolling boil. Turn heat down to low. Cover and cook until water is absorbed, about 30-40 minutes. Sprinkle with 1/2 tsp salt-free seasoning blend, granulated garlic, and cilantro. Mix well. Keep Warm.
- Heat canola oil in a large skillet or a wok. Cook onions for 2 minutes or until translucent.
- Add chicken, squash, and remaining salt-free seasoning blend. Stir-fry over high heat for 10 minutes or until squash is tender.
- Add red peppers, corn, green chilies, tomatoes, pepper, cumin, and garlic powder. Stir-fry over medium-high heat for no longer than 2 minutes to keep the vegetables crunchy. Reduce heat to low and let simmer for 2 minutes. Serve hot over rice.